Brazil Coffee Farming Study Tour

Post is written by admin on : 2020-04-02

History :
Coffee is not native to the Americas, but Africa. The first coffee bush in Brazil was planted in the state of Pará in 1727. In the early 19th century when American and European demand increased, there was the first of two coffee booms. By the 1830s, coffee had become Brazil’s largest export and accounted for 30% of the world’s production. The second boom ran from the 1880s to the 1930s, corresponding to a period in Brazilian politics called: “Coffee with Milk”. The name refers to the largest states dominating industries: Coffee in São Paulo state and Dairy in Mi-nas Gerais state. Increasingly Italian, Spanish and Japanese immigrants provided the expanded labor force.
In 1920s, Brazil was a nearly monopolist of the international coffee market and supplied 80% of the world’s coffee. In the same period, coffee accounted for 16% of Brazil’s gross national product, and three fourths of its export earnings.

World Production :
Brazil has been the world’s largest producer of coffee for the last 150 years, currently producing about 1/3 of all co ee. In 2011 Brazil was the world leader in production of green coffee, followed by Vietnam, Indonesia and Colombia.

The country is unrivaled in total production of green coffee, arabica coffee and instant coffee. In 2011, total production was 2.7 million tones, more than twice the amount of Vietnam, the second largest producer. Several species, but Arabica (originally from highlands of Ethiopia) with 75% of the produc on and Robusta with the remaining 25%.

BRAZIL COFFEE FARMING CONTINUED :

Brazilian Production
There are about 220,000 coffee farms involved in the industry, with plantations covering about 27,000 km2 (10,000 sq mi) of the country.

Plantations are mainly located in the southeastern states of Minas Gerais, Espirito Santo, São Paulo and Parana where the environment and climate provide ideal growing conditions. Also recently (last 15 years) many coffee fields are being installed in the Cerrado (Savana) of Bahia state, a dry land competing with Soybean, that needs irrigation.

Our team in Brazil “Salvadego Family” has a background with Coffee farming since 1888. It is traditional if you visit Brazil with us, you get to drink a special coffee raised, harvested and roasted by our associate family farm my father Jacinto Salvadego.

Travel Brazil to experience and explore Coffee and other agriculture activities.

Please Contact us for Package Cost and for more information on the Itinerary. We will be happy to customize the itinerary according to your requirements. Email us at : inbound@udaytour.com / tours@udaytour.com or talk to our travel package expert at +91 (11) 47 15 15 15 or Whatsapp – Send Message

Contact us